Why Should I Join The MCSA
The Mountain Club of South Africa offers the opportunity to become part of a network of like-minded people, whatever activity you engage in:
- Rock climbing (bouldering, sport and traditional)
- Scrambling, walking and hiking
- Search and rescue
The MCSA-HH section organises over 50 meets every year, with something for everyone. You will also be taken to little-known parts of the Cape Mountains that few people even know exist, with exclusive access to many pristine mountain areas and huts throughout South Africa. The MCSA owns over a dozen properties and huts in the Western Cape alone, and many more in the other sections! You have reciprocal rights to all 14 sections of the Mountain Club in South Africa and Namibia.
Club membership also entitles you to free access through Kirstenbosch in order to access Table Mountain and discounts from leading equipment suppliers, including Cape Union Mart, MountainMailorder and Drifters (all -10%).
How to become a member
- Sign up on our Mailing list and be informed about our meets.
- Come with on hikes and see if this is the right thing for you. To become an official member you should attend at least three meets and one work meet to maintain the Johnson Hut together.
- Download the application form and fill it in.
- Read the Club’s constitution from the bottom of this page.
- Pay your yearly membership fees.
- Hand in the filled in form together with an id picture (for your membership card) either electronically to our secretary or to our PO Box.
|Membership fees for 2019||Fees|
|Single over 65 / Student||R360|
|Couple over 65 / Student||R445|
|Junior (under 18)||R255|
Please pay via electronic funds transfer:
MCSA HH Section
Branch No: 03 30 12 (00)
Current Acct No: 07231 0111
Reference: your name / subsYYYY (i.e. 2019)
Please email the proof of payment to the secretary. The subs cover your year sticker for your membership card and the MCSA journal hardcover book. Members who receive their journal through other sections should subtract R100.