Why Should I Join The MCSA
The Mountain Club of South Africa offers the opportunity to become part of a network of like-minded people, whatever activity you engage in:
- Rock climbing (bouldering, sport and traditional)
- Scrambling, walking and hiking
- Search and rescue
The MCSA-HH section organises over 50 meets every year, with something for everyone. You will also be taken to little-known parts of the Cape Mountains that few people even know exist, with exclusive access to many pristine mountain areas and huts throughout South Africa. The MCSA owns over a dozen properties and huts in the Western Cape alone, and many more in the other sections! You have reciprocal rights to all 14 sections of the Mountain Club in South Africa and Namibia.
Club membership also entitles you to free access through Kirstenbosch in order to access Table Mountain and discounts from leading equipment suppliers, including Cape Union Mart, MountainMailorder and Drifters (all -10%).
How to become a member
- Email email@example.com stating your interest in joining the club.
- You will receive an invoice for R200, as well as an indemnity form. Please reply with your proof of payment and signed indemnity. A unique application form will be generated and sent to you. The R200 will be deducted from your initial membership fee should your application be successful.
- Sign up for our mailing list and use your application form reference when communicating about meets you would like to attend.
- When joining hikes, bring your application form and request the meet leaders to complete the attendance section on it.
- After a minimum of two meets and one work meet at our hut you may submit your application form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be assessed by the committee on a quarterly basis.
- Your membership card will be made available for collection once processed.
|Membership fees for 2022||Fees|
|Single over 65 / Student||R360|
|Couple over 65 / Student||R445|
|Junior (under 18)||R255|
Please pay via electronic funds transfer:
MCSA HH Section
Branch No: 03 30 12 (00)
Current Acct No: 07231 0111
Reference: your name / subsYYYY (i.e. 2022)
Please email proof of payment to our treasurer. The subs cover the year sticker for your membership card and the MCSA journal in digital format. Those members who wish to obtain a hard copy of the MCSA journal need to contact the secretary for their names to be put on the list, once numbers are fixed pricing will be fixed and shared.